Graceful Fight

Navigating faithfully though life with a chronic autoimmune disorder...the journey to true healing.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My first blog!

Wow, I can't believe I am sitting here writing this. It's all a bit overwhelming! My family and I fought is battle privately for so long, until it just got to be too much. If I knew then what I know now, I would have definitely opened up much sooner!  Something beautiful happens when you open yourself up a bit... Many friendships have become stronger and I am seeing so much goodness (awesome-ness actually!) in so many people. I am truly thankful and so blessed.

Speaking of the awesome-ness.... Some wonderful people in my life have been working very hard to put together a fundraiser for my treatment! It is shaping up to be a really fun event for the whole family and I am looking forward to a great time, seeing old friends and making new friends. 

Here's the scoop:

Date: Saturday July 19th
Time: 10:00am (meet for a short Community Walk); circle back to park for FUN! From 11:00am - 2:30-ish
Location: Paul Moore Park (aka - Cherry Park)

Some of the activities you can look forward to:
BBQ
Several Carnival Games (hole-in-one miniature golf, skeetball, bean bag toss...)
Kids' Craft Table
Bouncy Slide
Popcorn Machine & Cotton Candy Machine
Bake Sale/Cake Walk
Silent Auction (exciting stuff! Gift cards, gift baskets, local services such as swim lessons, dance lessons etc, a camp site at Yosemite...and much more!
Lots of great people to chat with too. :) 

A very special thank you to everyone who is helping to pull the event together. Your kindness has warmed my heart beyond what words can express! 

Several people have contacted me asking for ways to help... Kara is managing a volunteer list and can be reached at walk4linda@yahoo.com. As of today, we are in need of a few things such as individual bag chips, drinks, baked sale goods and a few other things. If you e-mail Kara she can give you more details. Thank you so much. 

I look forward to seeing you on the 19th!  If you have a green shirt you've been itching to wear, this is the day! Since green is symbolic of happiness & blessings, we couldn't think of any better theme. ;)

It is sure to be a day filled with happiness & blessings!

Xo,
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment