Graceful Fight

Navigating faithfully though life with a chronic autoimmune disorder...the journey to true healing.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Where do I get the Strength to Live my Life?

Hello Sweet Friends!
The title of this blog is "Where do I get the Strength to Live my Life"...the reason I chose that is I am asked by more people than I can count, how it is that I can live this difficult life with a big smile. I understand the question, because if I look at the health situation i'm in, it's terrible. No way to sugar coat that diagnosis!

Lucky for me, I have a source of strength that gives me exactly what I need to face each day, whatever that day may bring. Don't get me wrong, I haven't always gone to the source! I tried to handle it alone and when that didn't work,  I tried to just lean on family and friends...then when that wasn't enough, I broke down. That was a very difficult and painful time in my life. I can share about it openly now, because I have all the strength I believe I will ever need to handle what lies ahead. Here's the thing... it's not MY strength.

Once I was able to see my weaknesses, I was able to recognize the strength only God can provide. I recently read that the strength of God flowing through you puts you on solid ground. I am thankful after years of stumbling through my life, I am now on solid ground.

The very simple yet huge answer to the question about where I get my strength is - God. Period. 


"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." - 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Yep! You read that right. The bible doesn't say in "some things"...it's says "in everything".   I am thankful for where I am at in my life, no matter what the problems in my body are. I read that same verse over a year ago and I just couldn't relate. I wasn't ready at that time and I thank God everyday that I am ready now.   I no longer fear the difficult situation I'm in and there is only one reason - my faith in God. Does that mean I have faith there will be a healing miracle? No. BUT, it does mean I have faith that if it is God's will, there absolutely can be a miracle and I'd certainly welcome it!




I am living a life I could not possibly live without Him. He has shown me things I never imagined possible and my hope for you is that you too put your faith in Him and ask for His guidance, blessings and protection. Your life will never be the same. ;)

xoxo,
Linda















No comments:

Post a Comment