Graceful Fight

Navigating faithfully though life with a chronic autoimmune disorder...the journey to true healing.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

"The Hardest Peace" by Kara Tippetts, a Woman whose words we should all meet!

Happy Sunday Friends!

After weeks of being homebound in a serious flare up, I've been able to spend so much quiet time with the Lord and allow him to stir my soul in the ways only He knew I needed.  What a blessing this time has been!  It's truly a blessing. 

Many people ask me how my physical suffering doesn't make me angry at God. I understand the question, but with a humble heart I tell them, it is not *MY* suffering. It doesn't even belong to me!  It is simply God using me as His child to accomplish His will. As long as I act in obedience to that, I am ok. Better than ok most days! And, yes, that even includes the times of utmost misery as I've recently found myself experiencing.

During this time, he has wiped away so many tears and fears and helped me to see the beauty in suffering. Often we go through our day and barely notice a beautiful flower in our path, let alone a beautiful soul walking along side of us. Have you ever had a sweet checker a the grocery store and you just knew they needed a word of encouragement?  That is beauty right there - the Holy Spirit communicating between two beings. What about  feeling so much physical pain you can hardly see, but God giving you the loving hug of your child...more beauty to be seen right there. It is everywhere and I am learning to see it more and more through my suffering. During this time of rest, the Lord lead me to start a closed FB Group for people in similar positions and seeing the fellowship take off and the gentle encouraging communications has shown me more of the beauty in suffering. God does not forsake us, he is near the broken hearted.

I am noticing beauty in every person I meet...in every struggle, in every hope, in every smile, in every frown. There is beauty everywhere. God is at work, breaking and remaking so many souls and more and more people are becoming like Jesus. How can I complain about being even just a small part of that? I can't. Sure, I may want (and even do!) to at my weaker moments, but God has already shown me too much.

http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/images/short-prayer.jpg


I recently met the most beautiful woman - this woman I met through her words. Her name is Kara Tippetts and she has Blog called Mundane Faithfulness.  My Blog today is a tribute to the fabulous way God is using  her situation of pain and suffering to glorify Him. She is obedient every step of the way, yet honest in her human weaknesses. She is a tender hearted, passionate woman who loves the Lord, her family and ALL of us. I read her book in one night. Since then, I've re-read it two more times. The Book is called "The Hardest Peace", Expecting Grace in the Midst of Suffering and I highly suggest you pick up a copy and share it with anyone walking a difficult path.


"If I am going to see myself clearly, I need to hold the mirror of God's Word in front of me."
Paul David Tripp, Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands


Kara is a married mother of  four young children and she has stage 4 terminal cancer. In her own words, "I am dying". Yet, she is living while she is dying. She has no interest in the "Suicide Pill" Brittney Maynard is choosing - Kara wants to live out her final days, however many God will gift her with, and find beauty in her journey back to Him. Her and her husband speak openly about what challenges them during these final days with remarkable honesty and love. In the midst of their pain, they are sharing with others, ministering to people who may also be suffering but do not yet know God's mercy and grace, love and beauty. They are given so many divine appointments in which Kara and her husband are the hands and feet of Jesus and they have taken this calling seriously.

Kara's words are filled with love, mercy, understanding, humility, so much compassion. If I had the chance to meet her, I would hug her tightly and thank her for being such an obedient servant to God in her own pain. I would let her know she has helped me to shift my viewpoint from running away from suffering, to running toward it. To dig deeper, to seek God and all He wants from me at this time, no matter the how difficult that may be in the midst of a storm.  I see nothing but beauty coming from that.
                          "Give me the courage to stand the pain to get the grace."
Flannery O'Connor, A Prayer Journal

Kara asks people to move away from fear and control toward peace and grace. Now, I know this can easily apply to all of us with serious healthy struggles, but that is certainly not the only form of suffering, What about marriage issues, financial issues, trouble with a neighbor, etc?  Anytime we can move from fear and control to grace an peace, good things will happen!  

Lastly, never forget, we are not alone in this. EVER. I've experienced some "lonely" days - the days my husband just wasn't up to hearing any more about it, the days both my kids had playdates and I couldn't join, missed family functions etc...BUT, you know what? I always have God and He always meets me where I am at if am faithful enough to ask Him to. Afterall, what kind of Father would not help a child truly seeking guidance? Kara explains how He shapes even our unmet expectations into beauty. That thought alone helped me - I had so many expectations for myself at this point in my life. I had BIG dreams!  Knowing that those unmet expectations will too be used by God and turned into something even more beautiful, inspires and encourages me.

 

I have never met you Kara, but I love you...I love the way God designed you, the way He is working in and through you and the way you are allowing your story to be shared with the world. Thank you for opening up and sharing your story with us all Kara!




Dear Lord, I lift Kara and John Tippetts and their four beautiful children up to you today. Thank you for this beautiful family and the work you are doing in and through them. I know they hear news after news that can tear at their core, but I also know that we serve a God far bigger and than any cancer, diagnosis, pain and fear.  With that being said Lord, there are many hurting hearts that are pouring out to you over this family's situation. Please hear those cries, and bring continous peace and comfort to this beautiful family. They are your children Lord, we know this. Always help them to see your good news will always triumph over any medical news. May they have many days left to love each other and glorify you, Lord. 

In Jesus' Name I pray! AMEN

XOXO,
Linda







No comments:

Post a Comment